What do you use in your candles and wax melts?
We use 100% vegan soy wax in our candles and wax melts. It burns cleanly, burns for awhile, and is eco-friendly! We also use 100% uncut fragrance oil and candle safe dye. No chemicals, animal based products, coconut, or paraffin is added into our candles or wax melts. Our wick is a cotton core wick, and is zinc and lead free.
Are your products safe for my pet(s)?
We have many dog and cat owners who are proud owners of Otaku Scents candles, wax melts, and room sprays, and have had no issues arise. As far as more exotic pets such as birds, reptiles, etc. who may be more sensitive to aromas and fragrances, please consult your veterinarian for professional expertise before purchasing. You know your furry, scaly, and feathered babies best, so please choose what is best for them!
Are your hand gels safe?
Our hand gel (hand sanitizer) uses a base that is FDA approved, along with containing skin-safe fragrances (as approved by current IFRA regulations) and skin-safe dye (INCI approved). The hand gel is paraben-free, vegan, and cruelty free with key ingredients that include:
Glycerin: A natural humectant that helps with to moisturize and combat the drying effects of alcohol.
Aloe Vera Gel: Natural soothing, cooling relief for dry, cracked, tender skin.
Pro Vitamin B-5: Natural humectant that can moisturize and soothe dry skin.
Vitamin E: Natural antioxidant fundamental to the care and promotion of healthy skin.
Drug facts for each hand gel (sanitizer) are included on each product page. SDS file is available upon request.
Product Care Tips:
Tips for caring for your candle:
- Keep your wick trimmed to 1/8 of an inch. The wick should be trimmed every 4 hours of burn time. Simply extinguish the flame, let the candle come to room temperature, and trim the wick to 1/8 of an inch before relighting.
- Let your candle come to a full melting pool (the melted wax reaching the glass) before extinguishing so the candle burns evenly all of the way down. Burn for no more than 3-4 hours at a time.
- For safety reasons, keep a lit candle out of reach of children and pets. Extinguish the candle carefully, and allow it to cool before touching or moving. I would recommend a candle snuffer! Never use water as it can cause the wax to splatter or the glass to break.
Tips for using your wax melts:
- Use 1-2 cubes at a time for desired scent strength. Mix and match cubes to create new scents!
- When the wax needs to be changed, let it cool after completely melting, then dispose of the wax in the trash can. DO NOT dispose of wax in the sink, as it will cause the sink to clog.
- For safety reasons, keep wax melts and melters out of reach of children and pets. Turn off the warmer, and allow it to cool before touching or moving.
Tips for using your air freshener:
- Shake before each use. Spray around room at desired strength. The larger the room, the more sprays required. Fragrance solution may become cloudy after shaking, but this is normal.
- Do not spray on skin, face, or eyes. If contact occurs, please rinse in water.
- For safety reasons, keep air fresheners out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not mix air freshener solution with water or other liquids.
- Do not use air freshener solution with a fragrance diffuser.
*Do not leave any Otaku Scents product in direct sunlight. Exposure to direct sunlight can affect the safety and nature of the product.*
I am allergic to a certain scent that is in one of your fragrances. Can you remove it?
All of our fragrances are already blended in fragrance oil form. We cannot remove any fragrance element. Unscented versions can be made upon request.
What is the white stuff I see in the wax? Did my candle/wax melt go bad?
You may notice some variations in the color of soy candles and wax melts, especially candles and wax melts that use 100% soy wax with no other additives. This is called “frosting”. It looks like small, whitish crystals that form on the top of the wax or the sides of the jar or clamshell mold. It is similar to how chocolate sometimes forms that white frosted look. We always try to minimize this as much as possible, but it is very normal for soy wax to do, and does not mean that your candle and wax melt "went bad" or "is starting to mold". 100% soy wax candles and wax melts also tend to frost over time, but this in no way affects how the candle burns or melts.
Why does my candle have a rough surface when it cools after burning?
When candles burn then cool, it will create a rough surface. This is normal for soy candles, and does not mean your candle is "bad".
My wax from my wax melts are a bit crumbly. My store-bought ones don't do that!
Store bought wax cubes tend to be a harder, petroleum based waxes (such as paraffin), or soy/paraffin blends. We use 100% natural vegan soy wax, which is softer than store-bought blends. The wax melts will still melt fine and spread the beautiful fragrance around your space.
Will your candles or wax melts melt in transit? I live in a hot state/country!
During hot summer months, candles may "sweat" or be slightly melted. Let the candle return to room temperature before burning to ensure an even burn. The packaging we use in our candles provide good insulation while in transit, but is not completely resistant to the elements.
On days of scheduled delivery, be sure you are on the premises to accept your package so it does not lay in the sun or sit in a hot mailbox, especially during the peak of summer. The only times we have had reports of our products completely melting in transit is when a customer accidentally left their package laying in the sun for 8+ hours.
Do your candles/wax melts expire?
Due to the nature of natural soy wax, candles and wax melts are best used within 3-4 years of purchase for optimal burn and fragrance. Under proper care, our candles and wax melts can last much longer. Be sure to keep candles in cool, dry places away from sunlight if you plan to keep your candles for an extended period of time (over 4 years).